April 12, 2009
While spending the last few days with my parents and grandma, I was able to sneak a peek into my grandma's sock drawer. Here's what I saw:
Obviously not all the socks I've knit for her over the years, but interestingly some of my favorites managed to float to the top!
- 60-stitch socks, Claudia Hand Painted Yarns merino sock yarn
- Merino Lace Socks, Fleece Artist merino sock yarn
- Undulating Rib Socks, Fleece Artist Sea Wool
- Broken Cable Rib Socks, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
- 56-stitch socks, Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop Yarn
You know, I love to knit socks. It's as simple as that! I can knit only socks for the rest of my life and be happy. I probably won't restrict myself in this way (I love lace, too), but socks are always a win for me.
I suppose there's only one catch - I need to have gorgeous sock yarns at my disposal... as I clearly do :). At this very moment I have enough Lorna's Laces, CMF Sock Hop Yarn, and various goodies from Crystal Palace to last me a year or two. There are just a few lace commitments to wrap up first :).
Fortunately, no lace could be knitted in the car (I get car-sick if I'm reading a chart), so I was able to immediately follow-up the sock love reminder with actual sock knitting!
A little at a time, but always knitting socks.