May 25, 2008
Black, white, taupe
My ongoing sewing project - a full-fashioned Neue Mode blouse - has the sort of black-on-black patterning that makes me want to gouge out my eyes. But, oh, it's so close! (and after a gazillion pattern mods, it fits so well!)
Black-on-black cotton jacquard fabric, black-on-black mother of pearl buttons.
Steady hands? Hahaha! Did I mention I pipet for a living?!?
Cute blouse and the issue seemed totally fixable - just a little tear that needed to be shoved back into the seam. The damage was not as bad as I expected - I thought it had actually ripped, but instead the gauze had been teased out of the seam.
After I stabilized the frayed edge with a little zigzag, the fabric had no issues being tucked inside.
I had an issue with these summer pants from the very beginning: the drawstring was sewn into place somewhere inside the waistband and the two ends have always been uneven.
I finally opened up the back seam and let loose the string. Then I decided this was only halfway to a real fix, since I don't like drawstrings in the first place and this one in particular did diddly-squat. So I yanked it out and replaced it with elastic. Ah, so much better! Now that I've got elastic in my waistband (and I like it, and there's more to come) I will take my mom's favorite brands/stores much more seriously ;).
To cut down on spam, comments are moderated. You may not see your comment right away, but rest assured that it's been received and will appear shortly. Comments are closed a few days after posting.