July 17, 2006
Ever have one of those days? Start out with a 10 hour work day and go on from there? I feel like I can't even think straight anymore. The heat isn't helping.
Anyway... lots of little bits today.
- I updated the gallery today and there are 399 Jaywalkers as of this very moment. Get out your camera and take a picture already, then e-mail me!
ETA: We have a winner! The 400th submitted Jaywalker is Michelle's! Congratulations!
- I'm glad you guys are looking forward to what I have to say about the KnitPicks needles. I'm having some technical difficulties with the necessary gadgetry, so bear with me a few more days. I'm hoping Wednesday night or Friday morning I'll be able to do the necessary tests.
- I need a little bit of help with sewing. I know what I want to accomplish, but I have no idea how to say it in English, so Googling has been frustrating. This is another one of my sewing class frustrations - sometimes I know how to do stuff and I don't even know what it's called.
Instead of that folded up bunch of fabric, I want to make a mitered corner. The fabric is folded twice. I'm not attaching a binding or another piece of fabric, it's just folded on itself (in fact, if you remember, I'm quite good at mitering binding tape).
What is this called? Mind you, no binding tape involved ('cause that's all I'm getting right now with Google). Know of a simple tutorial with pictures somewhere? Let me know. Know the appropriate page in Reader's Digest New Complete Guide to Sewing? Even better (I'm having a day and can't for the life of me navigate the index, apparently).
- Annie received the Egyptian dress and I'm thrilled that my work was up to par. For a picture of the dress on a mannequin (as opposed to draped against me), look here.
- I'm happy to see that another knitter is investigating the pleasures of Classic Silk. I agree with everything Lauren writes - that it's a much lighter yarn than you imagine, and that it has a quality similar to Felted Tweed.
I'm pooped. Good night.