June 15, 2006
Alright, people, time for some fun!
Is it just me, or is the knitblogging world currently moving in slooooow motion? Fewer posts, fewer comments, much less motivation to write entries or comment or think or create or... even knit! Frankly, I'm tired of it! Let us motivate each other to leave comments, to knit quicker, to think outside the box, to set up fans aimed directly at our hands so we do finish that mohair scarf over the summer!
Let's have some fun! I've got a drawer full of sock yarn, and I'm feeling unseasonably generous.
Here's how we'll play. Have you finished a pair of Jaywalkers, but have not submitted them for the gallery? I'm going to give you all the reasons in the world (well, two of them) to contact me right now and submit a picture of your FO for the gallery:
- At least once a week someone writes to me saying that they love the gallery, love looking through all the different colors and styles, and find it inspirational in their own knitting process. Really, this should be reason enough to want your own JWs to be in the gallery, right?
- Currently I have 192 finished Jaywalkers in the gallery, and one more that I need to add, for a total of 193. That is such an odd number, and I don't like it.
So, I'm soliciting Jaywalkers for the gallery!
- E-mail me or leave me a comment to submit your pair of socks.
- Please include a link to your blog entry where the JWs are featured, or a photo of your finished socks if you're blog-less.
- Please state specifically that your submission is for the gallery. Copyright laws protect your photos - I cannot assume that I have license to reproduce them on my website without your explicit permission and agreement. As simple as that.
- Appearance of your Jaywalkers in the gallery isn't a matter of opinion - if you contact me, state that they're for the gallery, they will be included. I really don't care about the quality of the photograph, or if Sissy the Cat is modeling them, or the angle at which the camera is focused.
- I will keep track between my e-mail and my comments, and knitters of the 200th, 250th, 300th (dare I dream it will go that high?) Jaywalkers in the gallery will receive some sock yarn from me! I'm anti-crap, so the yarn will be tailored to your knitting preferences.
Submissions to other Grumpy Knits Galleries are also encouraged - Picovoli, Odessa, Sharfik, bring it on! If (combined) I get more than 40-50 submissions for these other patterns, perhaps I'll draw names from a hat for another sock yarn prize ;).
Now, shoo! Leave me a comment!
To cut down on spam, comments are moderated. You may not see your comment right away, but rest assured that it's been received and will appear shortly. Comments are closed a few days after posting.