March 21, 2005
I, Grumperina the grumpy, hereby make the following resolutions, in front of everyone so that if I stray from the aforementioned resolutions, dozens of people will point it out:
- Learn how to code bulletpoints in html to make nice-looking lists. (Apparently, this is done. If everything else was as easy... sigh)
- Accept the fact that even though both of the Vintage Pink Cardigan's fronts and half the back are done, everything will have to be frogged.
- I will not frog anything until I mattress stitch the ribbing at the bottom to make sure I like the way it looks. That way when I restart my VPC knitting, I will have full confidence that the ribbing will be perfect when seamed.
By the way, when dealing with 2 X 2 ribbing, where do you guys put the seam? The pattern calls for putting it between the two knit stitches, which I think is a bit wonky. Since I'll be frogging anyway, I think I will move the seam to be between a knit and a purl stitch - good? Edit: I have selvedge stitches, one on each side... but so then it doesn't matter where the seam goes? There must be some places better than others, right? June suggests that between two knit stitches is least visible.
- I will knit the three body pieces of the VPC only up to the armhole. Then I will baste the parts together to make sure they close over my bust. Only then I will proceed with the armhole- and neck-shaping and the sleeves.
- I will not restart the knitting until I've thoroughly wet and dried the pink Louet. It has a great memory and stitches come out wobbly if the yarn has seen the needles before.
I will stop being so obsessive-compulsive and such a perfectionist. I will stop paying attention to all the knitters who point out my OC and perfectionist tendencies.
- For the sake of my own health, I will start a small project. I am no longer capable of dragging around all the VPC pieces and my full-sized notebook of VPC notes.
- For the sake of my own sanity, I will no longer knit VPC at Stitch 'n Bitch or at my Tuesday lunch group. These two places make mistakes happen.
So, I'm definitely starting a pair of socks.
Posted by Kathy on March 21, 2005 07:39 PM